AutoPurge of Log Entries

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

MukundShastri
Premium Member
Premium Member

AutoPurge of Log Entries

Post by MukundShastri »

I have enabled 'Auto-purge of job log' (upto previous 1 job runs) in dastage administrator. But it is not Autopurging log entries in the already existing jobs. When I checked in 'Ascential Datastage Administrator's Guide' ,it's saying that log entries can be Autopurged using settings in Datastage administrator only for the jobs which are created after the settings are done.

If I have already existing jobs, how do I Autopurge them using datastage administrator settings ??

Thanks
mukund
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You would need to write a routine that takes those settings and applies them to the exisiting jobs. Needless to say, that would require knowledge of the underlying Universe/DataStage Engine metadata and some decent coding skills. Haven't checked in awhile, perhaps some kind soul has uploaded one over on ADN?

I believe you could export the entire project and then reimport it and they would then take on the current autopurge settings. Not 100% sure on that, though...

Worst case is someone sits down in front of Director and manually updates all of your existing jobs. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Craig

Ken Bland posted one somewhere.
Mamu Kim
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Mamu Kim
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Excellent... forgot about that being here. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is also a known bug in 5.1 (possibly 5.2) where Auto Purge settings are not even propagated into new job designs. I believe it was fixed in 6.0.
For RIL I created a routine to add the //PURGE.SETTINGS entry in all job log files, which they run periodically. I believe they're now in the process of updating to 7.x, so won't need it for much longer!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.