DataStage Job & Transformation List

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

datastagedummy
Participant

DataStage Job & Transformation List

Post by datastagedummy »

I have to compile a list of all the jobs and the transformations in the job is there any simple way of achieving this ?

DS_JOBS will give me the names of all the jobs in the PROJECT but how do I get the transformations in the job ?

Any IDEA/thoughts

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This is the kind of task that the database associated with the Documentation Tool is geared towards.
You can use the default (doc_tool.mdb) and generate your own queries using Microsoft Access.
Or you can use your database of choice, which is accessed via ODBC from your Manager client. Scripts for creating the required tables can be found with your DataStage client software, in the "Documentation Tool" folder. Set the DSN in the Options tab of the Documentation Tool dialog before exporting metadata.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
datastagedummy
Participant

Post by datastagedummy »

Thanks Ray I was able to get what I wanted but not 100%, when i use the Reporting Assistant in the DsJobs table I only see the "Server" jobs but none of the "Job Sequencer" where in reporting Assistant would I find the listing of the sequencers

TIA
ogmios
Participant

Post by ogmios »

Alternatively write a small utility that extracts the required information from a DataStage XML Export file. The format takes a bit getting used to, but it isn't that hard.

Ogmios
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's a known issue that job sequences don't get exported to the Documentation Tool. :cry:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.