Is there any file size limit on QS input files?

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Is there any file size limit on QS input files?

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

Our old QS match job now runs in a different server with less memory. Now we find that there are more matches than in the previous server. It's strane as if lesser memory effects the match data volume then it should fine lesser matches. Is there any parameters which i whould try and check? All other QS jobs are running fine.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

QualityStage does not impose any limit on the size of its input files. The only limit that might be imposed would be imposed by the operating system. Check the values of your ulimit settings (ulimit -a command) to see whether that's a problem. Check with your UNIX administrator as to whether large file support is enabled (if relevant).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

there aer some buffers defined in advance run setting of a job which determine tha buffer size while the job runs..if these have not been set accordingly, that makes qualitystage job abort for huge data.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

And these are?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

Parameter like Buffer analysis count. Hey ray, is the description for these parameters availble anywhere. Basically what i am looking at is some document which tells me exactly what these parameters do.
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

Its Frequency Analysis buffer count to be exact. Raising this limit solved our problem once (processing huge file). Index buffer count and Report buffer count are some more of them.