QS match job with 2 source tables in DS for DS plug-in

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

dorescan
Premium Member
Premium Member

QS match job with 2 source tables in DS for DS plug-in

Post by dorescan »

Hi, we have a Match QS job that has two input files - one with street names from statistics bureau, and second one with standardized street names after STANDARDIZE stage. When we want to integrate this job in DS job, when we try to add second source file we got error "(40815) The source stage does not support reference links". So, DS is trying to create reference link for QualityStage stage type, that means it does not support two input files for this stage type. Am I correct? Is there any way arround this problem?

Thanks,

Drazen
Luciana
Participant

Post by Luciana »

You are correct. The plug-in of QS for DS doesn't allow two input files.

Workaround:
If your server DataStage and QualityStage goes the same, make a job DS generating the files in the directory "Data" of the project, and in this same job, create a routine that executes the job QS through command line.
ponzio
Participant

Post by ponzio »

Luciana wrote: create a routine that executes the job QS through command line.
I agree, I always prefer to launch QS jobs from the command line using the "Execute Command Stage".
So you nedd to create the files need from the QS job and then run the command.

Be carefull about the different syntax (of the paths) of the shell command, because it's different in the varios version of QS.
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

why dont you invoke the jobs using unix scripts?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Currently there is no way around the problem of not being able to specify two input streams to the QualityStage plug-in in DataStage. It's a deficiency in the way the plug-in was written (or maybe its author was unaware that a two-file match required two inputs, having only encountered UNDUP matches).

As others have noted, you need to create two staging files and use these as standard input files to a QualityStage job invoked from its command line. :cry:

Report it to your support provider as a deficiency that you would like to see corrected. (If no-one reports it it will never be fixed.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dorescan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dorescan »

Hi all,

I did as suggested, but I ran into another challenge. When I invoke QS job fom DS, I use files with WIN-1250 codepage (project default), run it through Unicode QS and save again as WIN-1250 file. When I call QS job from command line with

./STRMAT.scr -ipe.env ./STRMAT.env -ipe.env ../ipe.env.sh

uotput file is saved as Unicode. The same is with other QS jobs that run within DS. The problem is that if output is Unicode file, it does not work properly. In case when some local characters are found, QS puts in the output another LF and breaks one record into two. Any suggestions?

Drazen