QS installation problum

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

sasi_kumarreddy
Participant

QS installation problum

Post by sasi_kumarreddy »

Hi,
While installing Server components, we get an error saying "cannot run mkln.sh file, run it manually from the command prompt". Now mkln.sh is expected to be in Ascential\qualitystageserver75\usertools\bin. But it was not in this directory instead was present in usertools. I did move a copy of it into bin but, to run it manually it needs a parameter which should be "runtime directory". Now I'm confused about what represents runtime directory ?

Kindly help.
Thanks in advance.
SASI
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Hi Reddy,
I have experienced similar problem like yours while I was installing the QualityStage server. My mkln.sh file was installed in the QSServer75 directory unlike yours in the usertools directory. However, the following steps describe how I manually rerun the mkln.sh file:
1.) When I first issued the command from D:\Ascential\DSServer75
bash -c "/Ascential/DSServ75/mkln 'D:\Ascential\DSServer75'"
I got an error message saying "the system cannot find the sh.exe file in D:/Ascential/DSServer75/usertools/bin. So, I copied sh.exe from my C:\MKS Toolkit\mksnt to D:\Ascential\DSServer75\usertools\bin.
2.) I submitted the same command again, then I got whole bunch messages returned from the script and the last line of the message saying
mkln completed successfully.

Runtime directory is the directory where your QualityStage server resides.
Hopefully, this will help you to solve your problem.
chandra
Participant

Post by chandra »

can you explain what excatly qualitystage is and when it used and how it used?
chandra ,
Hyd