Migration from 7.5 to 8.5

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Which domain you're using IBM MDM concept?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:39 am

Financial Banking
33%
Manufacturing
33%
Insurance
33%
Health Insurance
No votes
Retail
No votes
Re-Insurance
No votes

Total votes: 3

csc.datastage
Premium Member
Premium Member

Migration from 7.5 to 8.5

Post by csc.datastage »

Hello,

I am right now working for Migration project from 7.5.3 to InfoSphere 8.5. Here we're using QualityStage 7.0 along with 7.5.3. In my client server the QualityStage is different engine and all QualityStage related stuff executing from shell script(s). The DataStage server job from 7.5.3 been executing a shell script to standardize the addresses since all jobs were "server edition".

From above process, need your suggestions how to migrate the QualityStage processes from 7.0 to 8.5. I am using DataStage 7.5.3 and QualityStage 7.0 as different processes but those engines are in same server. Not using any QualityStage related stages in current existing server jobs. Please let me know how do i approach to migrate the QualityStage processes into InfoSphere 8.5. Please let me know if there will any PDF provided by IBM.

Clarification: Earlier version like 7.x have QualityStage as individual engine. And it will be a different component to buy. Let me know whether need to buy QualityStage component in InfoSphere 8.5 individually? or InfoSphere 8.5 is available for DataStage engine along with QualityStage engine. Which is correct one?
(My point of view is for all my jobs are Server jobs and running QualityStage processes from shell script and calling those scripts from DataStage)

-Nag
Last edited by csc.datastage on Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Focus on ABC: Audit , Balance and Control..
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Since this is basically a QualityStage question, moved it here.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

QualityStage in version 8 is integrated with DataStage - they use the same engine and use the same Designer and Director clients. However they remain separately licensed products, so you will still need to buy licenses for each. If you need to keep them separate, use different projects.

There is a conversion utility for QualityStage version 7 jobs to render them compatible with version 8, which is radically different.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
csc.datastage
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by csc.datastage »

Ray! Thanks for your respond. From your comments, my understanding is that QualityStage engine works seprately from InfoSphere and have to buy as an add-on feature if want.

-Nag
Focus on ABC: Audit , Balance and Control..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This is not correct. QualityStage uses the same engine that DataStage does. But you do have to license QualityStage in addition to DataStage - this is unchanged from earlier versions.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.