Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

BuddingDev
Premium Member
Premium Member

Include Lookup tables

Post by BuddingDev »

Hi,
I am working on Datastage 8.1 version. Can somebody help me to understand how to include in Lookup table in one specific rule set.

Just to be more clear,I have given a requirement to do vulgarity check for name standardization before entering quality stage .The vulgarity words are stored in a file, which I think supposed to be used as a lookup during standardization.

Thanks!
Last edited by BuddingDev on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

Hi,

Take a look in the USNAME rule set. It uses a couple of lookup tables...
Regards,
Robert
BuddingDev
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BuddingDev »

Yes I did got some idea form USNAME rule set.
Furthermore, I have created a new lookup table where I am going to store my invalid data.
I have provisioned the rule set after making required changes in PAT file by mentioning this look up table. But now, this table shows up in repository. However I don't see it listed in Rule Management Window under REFERENCE TABLE.

Can somebody please help me out with it? I need a help to place reference lookup table inside .SET file so that I can utilize it in my pat file.
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

If you mentioned the table in the pattern action language, then it should show up in the Rule Management Window. Did you use all UPPER CASE for the table name?

Can you copy/paste your reference in the Pattern Action Language?

Also, what is the name of your rule set?

Can you screen shot your 'Rules Management' screen?
Regards,
Robert
BuddingDev
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BuddingDev »

I was trying to post the screen shot of my Rule Management Window. But now I am not able to open that folder where .SET and other rule set related files are residing.
It is displaying the following error "The input string is not in correct format".

It seems like it all stems from copying a rule set and then adding one reference table in that folder. I tried doing it couple of times and now all these folder are locked.

I also tried deleting all these rule set files from the server but to no avail.
Still cant open those rule set folder.
However I could see those rule set files by right clicking on that folder and going to 'Find in this folder<the object I have created'

Please suggest me something to resolve this issue.
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

Are you able to double-click on the .SET object either after stoping and restarting the GUI or restarting the server?

If you can not restart the server, then you may need to start the process from the beginning:
1. Copy the original rule set
2. rename the 'CopyOf...' to something that makes sense to you and is ALL UPPER CASE
3. Run the rules tester (to make sure all is ok)
4. Add your table in pattern action language
IMPORTANT: After adding your table, select 'ok' to exit the Rules Management console. This will write your changes from the temporary area back to the repository
5. Again, double click on the .SET and try the rules tester.

Take some screen shots, if possible, if you have any issues.
Regards,
Robert
BuddingDev
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BuddingDev »

The interesting thing about this issue is that it allows me view it by Find in this folder option. In fact I am able to use this locked rule set in a job.
But now I want to delete this locked copied rule set from my original rule set folder and start over.
Also later I was able to see LOOKUP table and utilize it in this locked rule set by mentioning the table name in the PAT file. I am making all kind of changes by going to Find in this folder<Objects that I last modified option by right clicking in that specific folder.

But from repository tree whenever I am attempting to view that folder or delete it following message appears.

An error occured retrieving the folder content for '\Standardization Rules\USA\Name': Input string was not in a correct format.
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at Ascential.DataStage.RepositoryAccess.ReposObject.SetPropertiesFromDetails(ReposTypeDefManager typeDefManager, String detailString)
at Ascential.DataStage.RepositoryAccess.ReposManager.GetReposList(_Collection stringList)
at Ascential.DataStage.RepositoryAccess.ReposManager.GetFolderContent(ReposObject folder, ReposTypeDefIfCollection filterList, Boolean includeAllSubFolders, RepositoryAccessReadOnlyFiltering readOnlyFiltering)
at Ascential.DataStage.RepositoryAccess.ReposManager.GetFolderContent(ReposObject folder, ReposTypeDefIfCollection filterList, Boolean includeAllSubFolders)
at Ascential.DataStage.RepositoryView.ReposTreeView.RetrieveFolderChildTreeNodes(ReposObject reposObjectFolder, TreeNodeEx node)
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

Did you have any luck following the steps I suggested?
Regards,
Robert