Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

BuddingDev
Premium Member
Premium Member

ISD jobs are not running

Post by BuddingDev »

Hello,
I have four ISD jobs in one quality stage project. After compiling each one of them using designer. I deployed this project using Information Server console. I see only two jobs turned to RUNNING status right after deployment but two of them stays in COMPILED status in director. When the request was sent to standardize, source system are not getting failed error at their side.

These same jobs are successfully running in other environments. I tried exporting same jobs from those environment, complied them and deployed the project. But still two of them are in Compiled status.
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Are those "Multi Instance" jobs?

The base job in a Multi Instance job would show up like that, but the invocation of an instance would be a different entry in director.
BuddingDev
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BuddingDev »

Yes, all of them are Multi instance jobs. But I don't see any instances being created for these two specific jobs.
Rest of the two successful jobs have their own instances created which are in RUNNING mode.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

In ISD if you create a new operation and navigate to the server / project / folder containing the jobs in question, do you see the 2 jobs listed and are you able to add each of them, one at a time?

When you deploy in ISD do you see any status bar at the bottom that you can expand or click to get details and see an error message?

You can also search the SystemOut.log and SystemErr.log WAS log files on the server.
Last edited by qt_ky on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

This assumes that these two Jobs are indeed designed to be "always on".....not every ISD enabled Job will be "running".....if it begins with an ISDInput Stage, then yes, it should end up running.

...check again the deployments and the log, as suggested by other posters.

...what is odd is that it isn't aborting (a common symptom when there are environment issues in the job, such as wrong filenames, conflicts with other jobs, or credential issues)...the job will start/abort/start/abort, etc.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
BuddingDev
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BuddingDev »

I found the solution for this.
One of the job got corrupted. So I had to delete it entirely and bring a fresh copy form other environment.

One job was just pointing to a wrong job name in QS. So I made the change and thankfully all of them are in RUNNING status now.

Thank you all for your attention and suggestions!