Match Specification (Match Command)

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

DSFreddie
Participant

Match Specification (Match Command)

Post by DSFreddie »

Hi All,

Request your help in resolving an issue in one of the Match Command Column PREFIX. As per the below Prefix values & the Match Specification defined, the following 2 records shouldnt be considered as groups.

1000 JUSTIN MS
1000 JUSTIN MR

I am using the Comparison Type CHAR The m-prod/u-prob values given are 0.9/0.01.

Can you pls tell me what I am missing here ? Let me know incase of questions.

Note : I am using IIS 8.5 version.

Thanks,
Freddie
BI-RMA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BI-RMA »

Please be aware that MatchCommands will only be applied to members of the same block.

You will have to look at the values for qsmatchweight to find out how important QualityStage considers the difference between your two records to be, given the specification you provided for all MatchCommands.

QualityStage is designed to identify duplicates in spite of certain misspellings on columns used in MatchCommands.

If You want strict distintion between "MS" and "MR" on the column PREFIX, use the column as a blocking column.
"It is not the lucky ones are grateful.
There are the grateful those are happy." Francis Bacon
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

A better option is to use 'Critical Misssing OK' on the name prefix column. Using this option means you do not need to block on the prefix.

'Critical Missing OK' means that populated values must be identical for the match to be valid. Any disagreement of populated values will immediately, regardless of any other factors of weight or overrides, treat the pair as a mismatch. The 'Missing OK' means that one or both can be blank, and the records will be treated as normal.

This functionality is under the 'Special Handling' button at the top of the match designer.
Regards,
Robert
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I agree with Robert. Another technique that accomplishes a similar result is to provide a disagreement weight override, so that disagreement drags the composite weight substantially lower.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.