Email Adress and phone check

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

vijaydasari
Participant

Email Adress and phone check

Post by vijaydasari »

Is there any provision in QualityStage to check valid Email Adress and phone number .

Below are the things that i am looking to check.

email address should to have . and @

Phone number should be in US format (888) 888 8888
Vijaya K Dasari
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes, there are validation rule sets VEMAIL and VPHONE (good at least for US email addresses and phone numbers).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

There are a couple of ways to do this in InfoSphere, depending on what you want to do with the results:

In QualityStage,
- VEMAIL and VPHONE come as standard and you can either use them in investigate jobs to get input format frequencies, or in a standardise job if you want to action each one individually.

In Information Analyzer:
- do column analysis with the Enable Enhanced Data Classification option ticked. You'll get email addresses ok your specific phone number format might need so config. There is more to that and I haven't tried creating my own types, so can't help you much there.
or
- create rules to check the format and run against the data.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Once you get version 8.7 you can go one step further than what Stuart indicated and include a Data Rules stage in a DataStage/QualityStage job.

This stage can use data rule definitions published from Information Analyzer or you can develop data rule definitions within the stage (and, optionally, publish them back to the metadata repository so that they can be used in IA or other DataStage projects).

But the original question was about QualityStage!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.