CASS/USAC error _MWT_UP.CFG

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

pk7
Participant

CASS/USAC error _MWT_UP.CFG

Post by pk7 »

While attempting to execute a CASS (USAC?) stage in ver 8 we receive the message "Error opening _MWT_UP.CFG for read". We can find no reference to this file in the documentation or on the internet. Does anyone know what we need to do to remedy this problem? P.S. this our first execution of this type of stage in v8. The job was migrated from 7.5.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not seen it before, but I don't use CASS on my side of the planet. :wink:

Have the CASS components been installed on your new server? Are there any rule sets that need to be provisioned?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pk7
Participant

Post by pk7 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Not seen it before, but I don't use CASS on my side of the planet. :wink:

Have the CASS components been installed on your new server? Are there any rule sets that need to be provisioned? ...

Ray, according to our admin, the CASS components have been installed on server and client sides, but that would be a guess on his part since we have just recently installed v 8.1. I was hoping someone could prove us wrong and say "yes, you are missing....." I don't think there is anything involved with CASS that needs provisioning. Again, I'd be happy for someone to prove me wrong.

The IBM documentation CASS seems pretty minimal. That makes this rather daunting.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

1. CASS database files need to be installed only on the server side.
2. How did you migrate 7.5 CASS job to V. 8.x? It's not just import 7.5 Quality Stage jobs into V.8x. Error message looks like some junks left from V7.5.
3. Well, CASS documnetation is kind of lost after IBM bought out Ascential. It's pretty comprehensive. Back then I FINALLY got it from Ascential's Account Excutive and product managers after couple weeks of conference calls.
4. I would recommend just rewrite the CASS job for V8.x. It's a pain to migrate 7.5 Quality Stage jobs espicially when they are Parallel jobs.
BradMiller
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by BradMiller »

I just checked our CASS installation and the _MWT_UP.CFG file exists in the CASS_Database_files directory. I would guess your migration didn't work correctly. You should probably download the latest Address Certification files for your version of DataStage. Also, as for your comment about not having to Provision. If you add overrides, you will have to Provision.
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

Yes, it does sound like the 'database' is either not installed, or your job is pointing to the wrong directory.

As for doc, look in the file you downloaded from PPA - there should be a PDF in the zip file. You can also look at the Information Center on the web at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocente ... cmain.html However, there is no mention of that file in either the PDF doc or the Info Center.

@Brad: USAC rules are defined by the USPS, so they can not be overridden, so there is no provisioning.
[/url]
Regards,
Robert