Premium Member

how to standardize MNS data

Post by dstage2006 »

I have data like the following

0001 home 1 pobox1
0001 home 2 ma,boston,12345
0001 office 1 st1
0001 office 2 baltimore,md,23456

I would like to standardize the data. I tried by using normal standardize process..but the problem is addresess all in one column and and they are from different countires. Pleas e suggest me to standardize the data.

Thanks,
Dstage2006..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The short answer is to have DataStage (or some other utility such as sed) pre-process the file so that each pair of lines becomes one.

If you have WAVES you could use that. Otherwise MNS is all that is offered "out of the box" for multi-national address processing. Of course, you could write your own rule set.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dstage2006
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dstage2006 »

Thanks Ray,

0001 office 1 st1

Here's the problem. Where ever it has ST (street in the column) it is recognizing TWOBYTEISOCODE AS ST and THREEBYTEISOCODE as STP.

(STP: SAO TOME AND PRINCIPE country)

(it is not standradizing the data.( As every one know baltimore is in MD USA ) BUT corresponding id office is in street 1. and street 1 may be in any country)
At the same time MNS is not able to recognize PO BOXs also.

due to this i am unable to decide on which field i need to block for matching.
ashok
Participant

Post by ashok »

dstage2006 wrote:Thanks Ray,

0001 office 1 st1

Here's the problem. Where ever it has ST (street in the column) it is recognizing TWOBYTEISOCODE AS ST and THREEBYTEISOCODE as STP.

(STP: SAO TOME AND PRINCIPE country)

(it is not standradizing the data.( As every one know baltimore is in MD USA ) BUT corresponding id office is in street 1. and street 1 may be in any country)
At the same time MNS is not able to recognize PO BOXs also.

due to this i am unable to decide on which field i need to block for matching.
----------------------------
Here it is MNS, and & we don't have MN prep as we have USPREP to arrange the order of name information, address information, area information and mislaneous data for US addresses, look for patterns and try to stream line data using unijoin (QS 7.5 & lower versions) or use transformer stage in 8.x, after this use your modified version of USPREP rule set before using MNS.