Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

vsi
Premium Member
Premium Member

not generating a unique id

Post by vsi »

Hi guys,

When i am trying to assign a unique id using Transfer stage, The result file is not a generating a numeric unique id.

process id is in Result file created a new datafield assigned a length for that field, and in the transfer for that datafield added a sequence number

the output datafiled for the unique id is like this

C010101010 ,
C017469,
C4017800

guys please help me out.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please describe how you are going about trying to generate this unique ID. It is not enough to allocate columns for it; you need also to specify the key, typically by choosing the Sequence option under the Assignment Commands in the Transfer stage. This should result in an ASEQ command that has your destination field as its only argument. Don't forget to click the Add Command button at the bottom of the stage properties to get the command into the list of commands executed by the Transfer stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vsi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vsi »

Thanks for u r response Ray,

I am following the same process but i am not getting the unique id,

it is giving the different characters, do i need to change any settings in the datafile definition.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Since I don't know what is in your datafile definition I can not answer that. But you do need a datafile definition that includes the field that is going to receive the result of the ASEQ command.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vsi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vsi »

Thanks Ray, it is working now

The problem is in the Datafile definition i used it as Fixedlength unterminated. that is the problem i got a mismatch of columns in the output.