Participant

Re: Standardizing Business Address and Shipping Address

Post by Alexander »

Your output file is adding a position for each line? like this:
aaaa
bbb
b cc
cc dd

You are having a problem with carriage return and line feed at the end of wich line. It's common when you pass files from Windows to UNIX. Check your ftp option when passing files between these environments.
Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

Please give a sample of what you are getting in the data. your post is too vague for us to comment on it.
even alexander guessed what you must be facing.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

When you're processing Shipping Address, use a different file dictionary that identifies the business address fields as something innocuous.

Make sure that your data are, or are transformed to, fixed width so that there can be no ambiguity about what's in what column.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
saadhusain
Participant

Post by saadhusain »

ray.wurlod wrote:When you're processing Shipping Address, use a different file dictionary that identifies the business address fields as something innocuous.

Make sure that your data are, or are transformed to, fix ...
Hi Ray,

When I spoke to IBM, thay told us to "stack" the data. That is to create a new record with shipping address instead of business address and to have an indicator telling what kind of address it is. This seems to make sense as it would help in matching. It seems a little cumbersome but I would like other dear contributer's comments on this approach.

Thanks,

Saad

p.s. how's the weather down under? It's freezing here!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's sound advice. I wasn't aware you wanted to compare the addresses (since this wasn't in the problem as originally specified), which is why I was advocating two STAN stages/jobs each processing a different set of columns; I thought that all you wanted was standardization.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.