QS Job Status

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

nitecryvl
Premium Member
Premium Member

QS Job Status

Post by nitecryvl »

Is there a way to interrogate the Job Status of a QS job like there is in DS with the DSGetJobInfo Function?

I need to write a shell script which would run a bunch of QS jobs and return a zero or non-zero exit code based on the status of each job.

Thanks!
Vince Lee
ETL Developer
Zions Bank
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I'm not aware of any. Of course, if you invoke QS via the QS stage from DataStage, then DataStage can report the status of the stage. But I don't believe there's an API for interrogating QS jobs directly. If you run QS jobs via the command line interface you could get the exit status of the executable.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Alexander
Participant

Re: QS Job Status

Post by Alexander »

I'm not sure, but I think the UNIX system variable $? retains the execution return code when the job terminates, but you must execute and wait for termination in the shell script .

If "$? -ne 0" is true then you have a problem.

I don't know any function in QS like the one in DS.

Another option is grep for "Error" or "Fail" in the Log dir :idea:

Alex
nitecryvl
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nitecryvl »

As Ray mentioned, I was able to use the exit status of the executables (*.stp or *.scr). There is an exit code called "exit_proc" in every .stp or .scr that returns the run status of the associated QS job.

Thanks for your time, guys!

Vik Singh
ETL Lead
Zions Bancorp
Salt Lake City