Using ODBC Connections in QS

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

aaikat
Participant

Using ODBC Connections in QS

Post by aaikat »

I have my QS Designer locally(Win) whereas the QS server(Unix) is remote.

Now in order to import a Data File Definition(or any other work) using ODBC where the DSN should be configured in QS Client or QS Server.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The answer is QS Server, because ultimately you need the server to process the data. However, it's common practice to configure both, so that you can inspect the data (outside of QS) before/during processing.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
aaikat
Participant

How to create an ODBC connection in AIX server

Post by aaikat »

Will someone please help me to create ODBC connections in AIX server.What are the files that we need to modify and with what information.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You need the UNIX-based ODBC driver for your database; this is probably the one that shipped with DataStage. Configure DSNs by editing a file called .odbc.ini (this is probably in the Engine directory for DataStage). If you're going to use that ODBC driver with DataStage too, you also need to configure a file called uvodbc.config in the DataStage project directory.

Search the forum and/or consult the vendor's documentation for how to perform each of these tasks.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.