Quality Stage Project - sort issues with street name

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

aya_r
Premium Member
Premium Member

Quality Stage Project - sort issues with street name

Post by aya_r »

I'll try to describe the issue I have as much as I can.

I have job that used a Unijoin stage with an option exact match which is to GET STANDARDISED ADDRESSES LOADED

the problem I'm having is the order for one of the record in the output file ..
I'll put an example might help to understand the problem

0305084SA LESLIE AVE BLAIR ATHOL
9905065SA L'ESTRANGE ST GLENSIDE
0305074SA LESLIE AVE CAMPBELLTOWN

I would've expect the record the second record in the above group to be after the first record in the below group

0305062SA KYRE AVE KINGSWOOD
0305025SA LA PEROUSE AVE FLINDERS PARK
0305290SA LACHLAN CRES MOUNT GAMBIER
0305010SA LACHLAN ST FERRYDEN PARK

what I mean, I expect the output to be like the following

0305062SA KYRE AVE KINGSWOOD
9905065SA L'ESTRANGE ST GLENSIDE
0305025SA LA PEROUSE AVE FLINDERS PARK
0305290SA LACHLAN CRES MOUNT GAMBIER

This job is in a project which has been upgraded from Vality to Quality Stage. I got the result I'm expecting in Vality but when I upgraded to Quality stage and run the job I didn't get the same order for the street. obviously the QS is not considering the charachter " ' " preceeding the charcter "A"

Can any one please help me to solve this issue

Please let me know if you need to sumit more information .

Thanks
Ayah
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Take the apostrophe character out of your STRIPLIST. While it is there, L'ESTRANGE is converted to LESTRANGE. Now you probably need a pattern override, since an apostrophe is not a letter, to get the whole of L'ESTRANGE loaded into the SN field.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
aya_r
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by aya_r »

Thanks Roy for your reponse, but the apostrophe is not in the STRIPLIST for the Rule that I'm using .. I'm looking at the .PAT file is there another place I should look at it.

Thanks,
Ayah
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can you please check the STRIPLIST - that's the only explanation I can think of for that behaviour, unless the sort itself ignores "punctuation" characters, which I think would be unlikely. Have you involved your official support provider?
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
aya_r
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by aya_r »

I have checked the STRIPLIST . Also I have raised it with our official support provider, and I'm waiting to hear from them. you mentioned "unless the sort itself ignores "punctuation" characters" how would I know if this is happening ?? may be that's the problem !!!!

Thanks Ray
aya_r
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by aya_r »

Hi Ray,
The problem has been solved. so thought to sumit the solution in case some one else need it. this is the response from the support

I believe the issue is with the locale setting that you have chosen. In your QS logs that you sent me, the locale setting is English_Australia.1252.
While your Vality setting is en_US.UTF-8.

There are a couple of things that you can try.
1/ In your RUN profile, set an alternative locale, use C. This would be the fastest and simplest way to test it.

2/ Set up a system variable called LC_COLLATE=C on your Windows machine.

Hope this will help any one need it.

Ayah
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Thank you for posting the solution. We probably would have got there, but it's good that it's solved more quickly. Can you please mark the thread as Resolved?