Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Ahimsa
Premium Member
Premium Member

USNAME Standardization

Post by Ahimsa »

Hello, for the USNAME standaradization,
1. Incoming name i.e. name coming from Input Datafile are compared against what?

2. If the Incoming name does not exsist in it then how it is handled?

3. If the spelling is wrong OR the format is reverse, e.g. LAST NAME, FIRST NAME instead of FIRST NAME, LAST NAME then how this is corrected?

I would appreciate sharing your experience.

Thanks!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

1. Comparison is against the files that make up the USNAME rule set. Open the Rules Management utility (from the Tools menu) and expand the USNAME branch to see them.

2. Initially it will be marked as "unhandled". Most last names fall into this category. You can also get unhandled patterns.

3. Unless you put in an override, it is controlled via pattern action language. You will have patterns such as ?,F (unhandled, comma, recognized first name) so that will be parsed into buckets. Similarly a pattern of F? (first name followed by unhandled word) is likely to be bucketed into first name and last name buckets unless there is additional information (such as FRED BLANKS INC where the classified token INC identifies the name as that of an organization rather than that of an individual).

This is all quite well explained in the User's Guide and in huge detail in the Pattern Action Language manual.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.