Web Service support

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

mee
Participant

Web Service support

Post by mee »

Hi,

I have a lookup job that looks up customer details given a customer name (or customer ID) from a customer dimension. The customer dimension has been created by a different job.

I would like to expose the lookup job as WebService callable entity - so my call center application can get the customer details.

Ideally the call center application would make a WebService call (XML over SOAP or HTP) and supply the customer name or customer ID and get back customer details in XML over SOAP or HTTP. Has anyone done this ? Will appreciate if someone could provide the step by step details.

My guess we would need RTI - pls confirm.

Thanks for any help.
kai
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kai »

Hi,

you are right, this requires RTI. With that you have new stages, especially RTI input and RTI output stages.
Your lookup job needs to be modified to use the RTI input stage as first stage. If you want to use XML then the next stage is XML Input, then you do your lookup translate it back to XML and then RTI output. Sounds quite straightforward.
Then your job needs to enabled for multi-instance. If you click in the box of the job properties, the RTI enabled box will be activated. Then click that box.
Now, go to the RTI console and use the deployment wizard which takes you step by step through the process of exposing a job as a Web Service.

Hope this helps.
Kai
mee
Participant

Post by mee »

Thanks kai.