RTI instance locks

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

ferreirahe
Charter Member
Charter Member

RTI instance locks

Post by ferreirahe »

Hi everyone.

First of all, congratulations for this site. To the forum owner(s) - are you planning in bringing the oliver.com archives into this forum?

Now for the question. After building and deploying a job as a web service, while it was running, I deleted the target xml file. An error came and froze my laptop. I tried to stop the "running job" in Director and nothing happened. Then, I cleared the &PH& files and nothing happened. Finnaly unlocked a few jobs related to the RTI service and nothing happened. It says it's still running but I don't believe it.
By the way, I have stopped the RTI agent & server. Can anyone help me?

Thanks & regards,

Henrique Ferreira
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The archive from Oliver has been there since day 1. Third from the top under Data Services in the DSXchange Forum Index. :)
AndrewWebbUK
Participant

Re: RTI instance locks

Post by AndrewWebbUK »

ferreirahe wrote:Hi everyone.

First of all, congratulations for this site. To the forum owner(s) - are you planning in bringing the oliver.com archives into this forum?

Now for the question. After building and deploying a job as a web service, while it was running, I deleted the target xml file. An error came and froze my laptop. I tried to stop the "running job" in Director and nothing happened. Then, I cleared the &PH& files and nothing happened. Finnaly unlocked a few jobs related to the RTI service and nothing happened. It says it's still running but I don't believe it.
By the way, I have stopped the RTI agent & server. Can anyone help me?

Thanks & regards,

Henrique Ferreira
you'll probably find its not running.. you shoudl never ever kill any jobs in the director that are RTI enabled ones, as that wont communicate back tot he RTI server that the job has stoppped.

stop all running jobs that you can find ( stop any RTI jobs within the RTI console) and then check if you have any uvsh processes running... if you do. the jobs are actually still running. if not.. they are just reported as being running when they are not...

if that case just recompile the design job and all the 'running' instances should vanish...